Can Cat Eat Chocolate?
Yes, cats can eat chocolate, but it is not good for your cat because chocolate bad for cats. Our cats can get into some trouble if they eat chocolate. All cat owners need to know about chocolate toxicity in cats and what you can do if you suspect that your cat has eaten chocolate.
Why Is Chocolate Bad for Cats?
Chocolate has main two ingredients that are dangerous for cats. The main things are caffeine and theobromine. Caffeine is found in many foods and cake items so chocolate bad for cats. The second ingredient is theobromine, it is a proven toxin for most animals with cats. Most common stories of animals getting sick from eating chocolate. So we recommended don’t get chocolate for cats.
Symptoms Of Chocolate Poisoning in cats
Most common Symptoms in Cats
- Increased rate of breathing
- Increased heart rate
- Increased body temperature
- Muscle rigidity
- Increased reflex response
What Types of Chocolate Are Dangerous For Cats To Eat?
- Milk Chocolate (It has Caffeine and Theobromine)
- Dark Chocolate (It has Caffeine and Theobromine)
- Baking Chocolate (This type chocolates are the most dangerous for cats)
- White Chocolate (It has Theobromine)
- All types of Chocolate are unsafe for cats
Chocolate Poisoning Treatment
If you think or notice your cat has eaten chocolate or chocolate added things and you can notice symptoms of chocolate poisoning listed above in this article, then you must take you cat to the veterinarian. This treatment depending on the amount and type of the chocolate ingested.
- Induce Vomiting:
- Provide Animal specific veterinarian and support
- Veterinarian may suggest your cat be a admitted to the hospital, then you must admit to the hospital
The good news is the most chocolate toxicity animals like dogs and cats can recover and return to normal health within 2 days of good and recommended treatment. We recommended don’t give chocolate and chocolate added things for your pet because chocolate bad for cats.